Once hands had been laid on you according to the Word of God the power of the Lord Jesus Christ has been imparted unto you. To insure the most effectiveness of this impartation there are post-ministry instructions that should be followed. The Scriptures clearly tell us that the prayer of faith shall save or heal the sick. Therefore, it is imperative that you do your part, which is as follows:
1. Do not speak any words that do not agree with the Scriptures and/or the prayer of faith which was spoken over you.
2. Do not base the reality of whether the healing anointing was imparted to you or whether or not you “felt” anything. (Since man looks on the outward, but God looks on the inward, we must leave it totally up to God as to whether or not we” feel” anything when ministered to). Remember-the less faith you have, the more God must give you “feelings” to help collaborate what He is doing in your spirit and body. By the same token, the more faith you have, the less you’ll need to “feel something”.
3. Each minister is operating according to the measure and/or current level of his faith. Some are more proficient than others, but regardless of this our commitment is to see that the person receives healing. Some healing is by degrees whereas at other times it is instantaneous. Do not delay your healing by speaking what your senses are reporting if they differ from what the Scriptures clearly say.
4. There is no limit to the number of times you may receive ministry for healing. No problem is too large or too small.
5. You should read “healing Scriptures” at least three times per day. Each time they should be read out loud in with force. Reading them more often will only help and cannot hurt. You cannot overdose on the Word of God.
6. You must tell others what has occurred. You do not have to mention the minister that prayed for you or what ministry prayed for you, but you must give glory to God for healing you. Even if you have not had immediate results you still must give glory to God for healing you. Romans 4:19-21 “And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”
7. If at all possible you should pray for someone else that has a need. The best way to pray for someone is to pray with the same force and attitude with which you were prayed for.
8. Remember that even if healing is instant, you will be tested to see if you have truly “received” your healing, or if you are merely “holding it”.
9. Remember when this testing happens it is not God testing you. He knows if you were healed and He knows if you know you were healed. What He is waiting to see is if you will stand up to the enemy, the devil, and tell him what has happened.
10. The only way to truly protect yourself from the attacks of the enemy, is to immerse yourself in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. But you must also remember that is not enough to merely agree with those teachings, you must absorb and assimilate those teachings. God’s goal and purpose for you while on this earth is that your life continuously looks less like your life and more like Christ’s life. You should not only reach a point thatt allows you to walk freely from the enemy’s attacks, but you should also be setting the other captives free.