Dec 2012 - Operating in the Power of the Holy Spirit / The Law of Miracles
DOMINION GRACE MINISTRIES
December 2012 Teaching Letter
Operating in the Power of the Holy Spirit
Hebrews 2:1-4 “Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape so great a salvation which at first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will? We have seen ourselves in every position except the position of Jesus. John 14:12” Verily, Verily, I say unto you, he that believes on Me, the works that I do shall he do also and greater works shall he do because I go to the Father.”
Mark 16:15-20 is our commission and ordination to operate in signs, wonders, and miracles just like Jesus. There are 5 supernatural signs that are to follow those who believe. They are: casting out demons, speaking in new tongues, handling serpents, drinking any deadly thing and not being harmed, and laying hands on the sick and the sick recovering. After the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, Jesus’ promise became a reality. He told them in Luke 24:49 to wait or tarry in the city of Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high, to wait for the promise of the Father. Acts 1:8”But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me unto Jerusalem, and Judea, and Samaria and unto the uttermost parts of the earth.” Acts 5:12-16 – Jerusalem; Acts 8:4-8 – Samaria; Acts 13:9-12 – Isle of Patmos, Elymas the sorcerer.
My friends it is not two churches, but one church! If anything there should be a greater manifestation today than then. What’s the problem? Unbelief! The traditions of men. Signs, wonders and miracles follow those who believe or the believing ones! You can be born-again, but not believing in signs, wonders and miracles. The Father wants people to be saved, healed of sickness and disease, delivered from demons and filled and protected by the Holy Spirit from every attack of the devil. Signs and wonders demonstrate Jesus’ power to the unsaved and encourage believers in their faith. We are going to look at some things, but realize it’s all by grace. The last thing we want to do is put a premium or heavy burdens or laws or works on people. There is no formula just the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit – grace – and our believing that and acting accordingly.
How do we manifest signs and wonders?
1) Be born-again and baptized in the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, ‘Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
2) Acts 2:42. Why was the NT church so strong? “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine, and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and prayer.” Verse 42 says they continued steadfastly. The Amplified Bible says “ steadfastly persevered devoting themselves constantly to the instruction and fellowship of the apostles. See Matt. 28:18-20. Mark 16:19-20 “And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.”
Acts 14:3 “Therefore they stayed there a long time, speaking boldly in the Lord, who was bearing witness to the word of His grace, granting signs, and wonders to be done by their hands.” What was the word that the Holy Spirit accompanied with signs and wonders? GRACE! I don’t seek miracles, signs, and wonders. I expect them as I preach Jesus and the kingdom and the gospel of grace. As we lift up Jesus, signs and wonders will follow us as we preach the Word of His grace.
The Law of Miracles
Why don’t miracles just happen? The reason is that they operate by spiritual law. Not gift of miracles, but the gift of the working of miracles. That means there are things we can do by grace to manifest signs, wonders, and miracles.
1) Take your eyes off of the circumstances and impossibilities and look upon Almighty God and His possibilities. Romans 4:19 “And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead(since he was about 100 years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb.” 2Cor. 4:18 “While we look not at the things that are seen , but at the things that are unseen, For the things that are seen are temporal, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
2) We are not to doubt in our hearts. Jesus said to Peter as he began to sink after getting out of the boat and walking on water, “O ye of little faith, why did you doubt?” Mark 11:23 “ For verily I say unto you, that whosever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart but believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says.” For miracles to happen through us God’s will must be first transmitted by the Holy Spirit to our spirit. And if you are born-again this has already happened. Then why don’t Christians believe it or why do they question it? The answer is sacred cows, false doctrine and the traditions of men.
3) Speak the Word. Matthew 8:5-10. Only speak the word or speak the word only! Never use our mouths to slander, lust, or to make foolish jokes about sacred things.
4) The Law of Faith must work with the Law of Working of Miracles. Romans 3:27 “Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No. But by the law of faith.” You will find this law throughout the gospels. Mark 11:22-24. Matt. 8:13 “Go your way. As you have believed so let it be done unto you.” Mark 5:34, 36-43 “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction. Jairus’ daughter in verse 36 “Fear not, do not be afraid, only believe.” These people set the stage for their own miracle and they were not even saved. They said I am going to do this and this is the way it’s going to happen and it did! And if you are a Christian then faith is not a problem. Then why do we Christians think we have a problem with faith? Because we have been taught wrong. Because of sacred cows and the traditions of men.
I trust you see how important it is to think and act and speak in line with God’s word. Anything that says that God can’t or won’t is not God. You need to dismiss that. Anything that is promised or stated as fact in the Bible does not need to be prayed about. It only needs to be acted upon. Believing is receiving is acting like it’s so. That would be difficult but God says it is so! So go. Believe. Do. Be. And experience the wonderful working of our mighty God and Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the great and precious Holy Spirit in and through your life.