December 2013 Teaching Letter - Friendship With The Holy Spirit
Dominion Grace Ministries Inc
December 2013 Teaching Letter
Friendship with the Holy Spirit
John 16:12-15 “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father has are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.” God the Father is a person. Jesus Christ is a person. The Holy Spirit is a person. The Holy Spirit is our personal friend. God the Father is the executive, Jesus is the architect and the Holy Spirit is the contractor. The protocol involving the Trinity is – Pray to the Father in Jesus’ name, and the contractor, the Holy Spirit carries out the prayer to the Father in Jesus’ name. He is a servant, but servant to the Father and Jesus.
“It is important that we relate to and respond to the Holy Spirit in the right way.” - Kathryn Kuhlman. John 16:12-15 tells us various things that the Holy Spirit will do.
1) He will report on what He hears from heaven by bringing us the latest news from heaven.
2) He will show us what is yet to come by unfolding the future to us.
3) Everything the Father has belongs to the Son and everything the Son has the Spirit administers. We could say that the Holy Spirit is the administrator of the total wealth of God.
Thus, you can be a child of God legally and doctrinally, and yet live a poor and inadequate life unless you relate rightly to the Holy Spirit. John 14: 15-18”If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but ye know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” Two vitally important facts can be derived from this passage.
1) Jesus comes to us in the person of the Holy Spirit
2) Unless we relate properly to the Holy Spirit, we will be like orphans even though we are truly sons of God.
Positional vs. Experiential – Legal vs. Vital
Romans 8:14”For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” This means to be continually led. “Sons” means maturity. In order to be mature sons of God we need a further, ongoing relationship with the Holy Spirit. If you want God’s best, you must cultivate an ongoing relationship with the person of the Holy Spirit or should I say with the Holy Spirit as a person. Ephesians 4:30-32”And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and clamor, and anger, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ’s sake has forgiven you.”
Things that Grieve the Holy Spirit
1) Bitterness – Gr. Pikria. Malice, venom. Hebrews 12:14-15”Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you and thereby many be defiled.
2) Wrath – Gr. Thumos. Any vehement passion of rage, anger, wrath or hatred. Luke 4:28; Isa. 61:1-3, 28.
3) Anger – Gr. Ogre. Anger is sudden and abrupt where wrath is seething, building and lasting longer.
4) Clamor – Gr. Krauge. An uproar. Acts 23:9 “ a great cry.”
5) Evil speaking. Gr. Blasphemia. To speak evil of, to rail, revile, defame, slander or insult by blasphemy.
6) Malice – Gr. Kakia. Means evil, naughtiness, maliciousnesss, wickedness.
Things that Please the Holy Spirit
1) Kindness to one another. Gr. Crestos. Matt. 11:30
2) Tenderheartedness. Gr. Eusplanch. Tender and compassionate. 1Peter 3:8
3) Forgiving one another. Matt. 18:21-35. Seventy x seven.
4) Ephesians 5:1 “Followers”or imitators. Gr. Mimic. The manner or walk of life. Imitate God’s words, nature, ways, grace and Spirit.
5) Ephesians 5:12, Walk in love – Gr. Agapao. 1Coronthiams 13